Visitors 5
Modified 19-Jun-14
Created 19-Jun-14
7 photos

The Oxford Canal was built through the western part of the parish of Aynho in 1787. Aynho Wharf, 1 mile west of the village, is on the Aynho-Deddington road. Construction of the Oxford and Rugby Railway between Oxford and Banbury began in 1845. and Aynho for Deddington railway station was close to Aynho Wharf.
Set in the Cherwell Valley, there is a large wharf and boatyard, with a canalside shop. The road winds across the Cherwell water meadows to Clifton and Deddington. Adjacent to the canal is the Great Western Arms.

Oxford Canal, Aynho Wharf - 17 Jun 2014

Oxford Canal, Aynho Wharf - 17 Jun 2014

Oxford Canal, Aynho Wharf - 17 Jun 2014

Oxford Canal, Aynho Wharf - 17 Jun 2014

Oxford Canal, Aynho Wharf - 17 Jun 2014

Oxford Canal, Aynho Wharf - 17 Jun 2014

Oxford Canal, Aynho Wharf - 17 Jun 2014

Oxford Canal, Aynho Wharf - 17 Jun 2014

Great Western Arms, Aynho Wharf - 17 Jun 2014

Great Western Arms, Aynho Wharf - 17 Jun 2014

Oxford Canal, Aynho Wharf - 17 Jun 2014

Oxford Canal, Aynho Wharf - 17 Jun 2014

Oxford Canal, Aynho Wharf - 17 Jun 2014

Oxford Canal, Aynho Wharf - 17 Jun 2014

Categories & Keywords
Category:
Subcategory:
Subcategory Detail:
Keywords: